Grilled Eggplant Marinated with Mint
- 2 small globe eggplant (about 1-¾ lb. total)
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup loosely packed chopped fresh mint leaves (from about ¼ bunch)
- 1-½ Tbs. fresh lemon juice or red-wine vinegar
Heat a gas grill to medium high or prepare a medium-hot charcoal fire. Using a serrated knife or a mandoline, slice the eggplant into rounds as thin as possible, about 1/4 to 1/8 inch. Spread the sliced eggplant (you may have to overlap them slightly) on two large baking sheets. Brush the tops w...