Grilled Eggplant with Garlic-Cumin Vinaigrette, Feta & Herbs
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil; more as needed
- 1 small shallot, very finely diced
- 2 Tbs. coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ tsp. cumin seed, lightly toasted and pounded in a mortar or ground in a spice grinder
- 1 large globe eggplant (about 1 lb.), trimmed and cut into ½-inch-thick rounds
- Kosher salt
- 1-½ Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- + 6 more ingredients
- 2 Tbs. coarsely chopped fresh mint
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- Pinch cayenne; more to taste
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt.
- 1 small clove garlic
With a mortar and pestle, pound the garlic and a pinch of salt to a paste, or mince the garlic, sprinkle with salt, and mash into a paste with the side of a chef’s knife. Combine the garlic paste and 1 Tbs. of the lemon juice in a small bowl and let sit for 10 minutes. Combine the shallot with t...