Grilled Goat Cheese with Fig Preserves
- 2 tablespoons dark fig preserves
- 2 ounces soft mild goat cheese at room temperature
- 1 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 8 (6-inch) diagonal baguette slices
1. Spread 1 side of each baguette slice with butter. Turn over 4 slices and spread cheese and preserves onto them. Top with remaining baguette slices, buttered sides up. 2. Heat a dry 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot, then cook sandwiches, pressing occasionally and turning over...