Grilled Green Onions and Asparagus with Romesco (Calçots y Esparragos con Romesco)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Catalonian Pepper and Nut Sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons extravirgin olive oil, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 large green onions (about 4 ounces)
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
1. Trim root ends of onions, keeping the bulb heads intact; discard roots. Trim tops so that about 4 inches of upper green portion remain. 2. Cook onions in boiling water 2 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain well, and pat dry. Place in a medium bowl. 3. Cook asparagus...