Grilled Octopus with Kale, Tomatoes, and Beans
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 small octopus, cleaned
- 2 heads of elephant garlic
- 17 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cups dried cannellini or pinto beans
- 4 teaspoons coriander seeds
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- + 5 more ingredients
- 6 plum tomatoes
- 3 pound kale
- 1 fresh rosemary
- Elephant garlic, available at better supermarkets and at melissas.com, looks like garlic that's been supersized.
- 1 cup dry white wine
Place octopus and wine in a large pot. Peel 2 garlic cloves; add to pot. Add enough water to cover by 2". Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer until octopus is tender, about 1 hour. Transfer to a plate; let cool. Cut octopus into 4" pieces. Remove as much of slippery outer purple co...