Grilled Scallop "Ceviche"
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ seedless cucumber
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 metal or wooden skewers
- 2 tablespoons shallot
- 1 ½ pounds large sea scallops (about 20), tough ligament removed from side of each
- + 4 more ingredients
- 2 teaspoons fresh jalapeño chile
- 1 navel orange
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
Toss scallops with 1 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl, then thread 4 scallops onto each skewer. Prepare grill for direct-heat cooking over high heat. Oil grill rack, then grill scallops, covered only if using a gas grill, turning over once, until just cooked th...