Grilled Vegetable Sandwich with Egg Salad and Bacon
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- ¾ cup "Egg Salad Gribiche":/recipes/10936
- 8 grilled scallions, cut in half crosswise
- 12 stalks grilled asparagus
- 8 (½-inch-thick) slices _pain au levain_ or other hard country bread (about half a loaf), toasted
Top 4 slices of bread each with 3 stalks of asparagus and 4 scallion halves (trim the length of the asparagus and scallions as needed). Spoon 3 tablespoons of the Egg Salad Gribiche over the vegetables, and sprinkle crumbled bacon over the sauce. Top with the remaining slices of bread and serve...