- ¾ cup yellow or white corn grits (not instant)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground white pepper, plus more as needed
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup whole milk, plus more as needed
- 1 ½ cups water
Combine the water, milk, cream, butter, salt, and white pepper in a medium saucepan with a tightfitting lid over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Stir in the grits and bring to a simmer again. Cook, without stirring, until the grits float to the surface, about 1 to 2 minutes. Cover, remove fr...