- ½ tsp. table salt
- 4-½ oz. (¼ cup plus 3 Tbs.) honey
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1-½ oz. (3 Tbs.) unsalted butter, at room temperature; more for the pan
- 5-½ oz. (1 to 1-¼ cups) whole salted mixed nuts (don’t use a mixture containing peanuts—they’ll overwhelm the flavor of the other nuts), very lightly toasted to refresh the flavors
- 1-½ cups granulated sugar
- 1-2/3 cups heavy cream
Butter an 8x8-inch baking pan, line the bottom with parchment, and butter the parchment well. Don’t worry if the parchment pops up a bit, the weight of the caramel will press it back down. Scatter the nuts evenly over the bottom of the pan. In a small saucepan, heat the cream with the vanilla ov...