Lamb and Lima Bean Casserole
- 2 clove(s) garlic, or more if preferred
- 2 cans lima or butter beans, drained (about 15 oz each) or other white beans
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh rosemary, chopped, or 1 tsp dried
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup(s) crushed cornflakes or breadcrumbs (use cornflakes for gluten-free version)
- + 6 more ingredients
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 cup(s) dry wine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 pound(s) lamb, cut into cubes about 1"
Trim any excess fat from the meat and salt and pepper the cubes. Heat oil in a heavy skillet and brown the meat, in batches if necessary to avoid crowding in the pan. Set lamb aside and add celery, onion and carrot to browning pan. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add rosemary and g...