Lamb and Polenta "Lasagne"
- 1 pound ground lamb (not lean)
- 2 14- to 15-ounce cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 pound ready-made plain polenta
- 5/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ pound whole-milk mozzarella, coarsely grated
Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400°F. Drain 1 can tomatoes, reserving juice, then roughly break up tomatoes into 1/2-inch pieces with a spoon if necessary. Purée second can of tomatoes, including juice, with reserved juice (from other can), 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoo...