Mango and Jicama Salad with Habanero Vinaigrette
- 2 firm-ripe mangoes (1 1/4 lb. each)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, Italian parsley, and/or mint leaves, rinsed and crisped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Habanero vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- 1 jicama (about 1 1/2 lb.)
1. With a small, sharp knife, peel mangoes. One at a time, set fruit on one narrow edge on a board and cut 1/8-inch-thick slices off each side down to the pit. Save remaining fruit around pits for another use.2. Cut peel off jicama and discard. Lay jicama on board, flattest side down, and cut int...