Mango and Jicama Salad with Habanero Vinaigrette
- Habanero vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 jicama (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, Italian parsley, and/or mint leaves, rinsed and crisped
- 2 firm-ripe mangoes (1 1/4 lb. each)
1. With a small, sharp knife, peel mangoes. One at a time, set fruit on one narrow edge on a board and cut 1/8-inch-thick slices off each side down to the pit. Save remaining fruit around pits for another use.2. Cut peel off jicama and discard. Lay jicama on board, flattest side down, and cut int...