Marinated Rump Steak
- a few sprigs fresh watercress
- 1 teaspoon groundnut or other flavourless oil
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 fl oz (75 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 3 fl oz (75 ml) red wine
- 2 rump steaks, weighing about 7-8 oz (200-225 g) each
Put the steaks in the shallow dish or polythene box, then mix the red wine, Worcestershire sauce and garlic together and pour this over the steaks. Cover with clingfilm or put the lid on, then place in the fridge for a few hours or, preferably, overnight. When you're ready to cook the steaks, dra...