Mashed Potatoes with Olive Oil & Parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 Tbs. salt; more for seasoning
- ½ cup cooking liquid or milk; more as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
Put a large pot of water on high heat. Add the potatoes and salt and bring to a boil. Boil just until a skewer or knife can easily penetrate the center of the potatoes, 20 to 30 min. (see How to test potatoes for doneness). When the potatoes are done, draw off about 1 cup of the cooking liquid; ...