Master Recipe for Cool Noodle Salads
- 1-½ cups peeled, seeded, and julienned cucumber
- 2 Tbs. chopped roasted peanuts
- 12 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 8 oz. dried rice vermicelli
- Nuoc cham (Vietnamese Dipping Sauce)
- 1 recipe for Warm Lemon Grass Shrimp, Vietnamese Grilled Pork, or Stir-Fried Vegetables.
- 1/3 to ½ cup roughly chopped or small basil or Thai basil leaves
- + 3 more ingredients
- 1/3 to ½ cup roughly chopped or small whole mint leaves
- 2 cups washed and shredded romaine, red, or green leaf lettuce
- 2 cups fresh, crisp bean sprouts
Divide the lettuce, bean sprouts, cucumber, mint, and basil among four large soup or pasta bowls. If working ahead of time, cover each bowl with damp paper towels and refrigerate. Set peanuts aside. Make 1 recipe nuoc cham and refrigerate. Bring a medium potful of water to a rolling boil. Add...