Master Recipe for Cool Noodle Salads
- 2 cups fresh, crisp bean sprouts
- 2 cups washed and shredded romaine, red, or green leaf lettuce
- 1/3 to ½ cup roughly chopped or small whole mint leaves
- 1/3 to ½ cup roughly chopped or small basil or Thai basil leaves
- 1 recipe for Warm Lemon Grass Shrimp, Vietnamese Grilled Pork, or Stir-Fried Vegetables.
- Nuoc cham (Vietnamese Dipping Sauce)
- 8 oz. dried rice vermicelli
- + 3 more ingredients
- 12 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbs. chopped roasted peanuts
- 1-½ cups peeled, seeded, and julienned cucumber
Divide the lettuce, bean sprouts, cucumber, mint, and basil among four large soup or pasta bowls. If working ahead of time, cover each bowl with damp paper towels and refrigerate. Set peanuts aside. Make 1 recipe nuoc cham and refrigerate. Bring a medium potful of water to a rolling boil. Add...