Meringue Cups with Strawberries and Meyer Lemon Curd
- 2 pts. strawberries, hulled and sliced or quartered
- 7 large eggs, divided
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- About 1 ½ lbs. Meyer lemons
- 1 cup butter, cut in pieces
- 2 cups granulated sugar, divided
1. Make meringues: Preheat oven to 200°. Separate 6 eggs and put whites into the metal bowl of a stand mixer; set yolks aside. Add 3/4 cup granulated sugar to whites. Set bowl over a pan of simmering water and whisk until slightly warm, about 1 1/2 minutes. 2. Using whisk attachment, beat whites ...