- Six 6-oz. black cod (sablefish) or regular cod fillets
- 1/3 cup low-sodium blond or white miso
- 2 Tbs. mirin (Japanese cooking wine)
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
Rinse the fish fillets and pat dry with paper towels. Combine the miso, brown sugar, sesame oil, and mirin in a small bowl until the brown sugar is fully dissolved. Brush about 2 Tbs. of the miso glaze onto each fish fillet. Let marinate on a plate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or ...