Miso Mushroom Soup
- 2 Tbs. thinly sliced scallion greens
- 2 dried shiitake mushrooms, rinsed
- ½ tsp. toasted sesame oil
- ½ cup baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup medium diced silken tofu
- 2-½ Tbs. miso (preferably red or brown)
In a medium saucepan, combine the mushrooms with 3 cups cold water. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat and use a fork or tongs to transfer the mushrooms to a cutting board. As soon as the mushrooms are cool enough to handle, trim off and discard the stems and slice the caps ve...