Mixed Greens with Pancetta and Shaved Parmesan
- 8 ounces hard cheese, such as Parmesan or aged Cheddar
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 bag mixed baby lettuce
- ¾ cup olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon
- 8 ounces pancetta or slab bacon, cut into 1-inch long by ½-inch wide rectangles
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil a medium saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the diced bacon and gently cook until slightly crisp and browned, about 3 to 4 minutes. While the bacon is cooking, remove the greens from the bag, rinse and then pat dry and add to a large salad bowl. Once the ba...