Morels in Cream on Brioche (Morilles à la Crème)
- 1 pound fresh morels, trimmed, washed well, and patted dry
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
1. Heat cream in a small saucepan until hot. 2. Heat butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until foam subsides, then sauté morels, stirring frequently, until golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Sprinkle in flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in hot cream and reduce heat to low. Ge...