One-Pot Sausage and Sauerkraut Dinner
- ½ cup(s) dry wine, dark beer or more stock
- 1 bay leaf, or more if you prefer
- 1 pound(s) sauerkraut, fresh or canned
- 1 pound(s) potatoes
- 1 pound(s) Polish or other garlic-y sausage.
- 1 onion
- + 2 more ingredients
- 1 apple
- 2 cup(s) stock or bouillon
Prick the sausages in a few places and brown in a large heavy saucepan or skillet. Drain off all but 1 tablespoon of fat. If there is no fat, add 1 tablespoon butter. While the sausages are browning, scrub, core and slice or dice the apple. Chop the onion. Add to the sausage and cook for about 5...