Pan-Fried Yukon Gold Potatoes with Paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt; more to taste
- 1 tsp. paprika, preferably Hungarian sweet or Spanish smoked paprika
- 5 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-½ lb. Yukon Gold potatoes (3 or 4 medium potatoes), scrubbed but not peeled
Cut the potatoes in half, then cut them in thick slices lengthwise, 1/2 to 3/4 inch wide. Stack the slices and cut them in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise to get 3/4-inch-wide pieces. Heat 4 Tbs. of the oil in a large (11- to 12-inch) skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium-high heat. Whe...