Panfried Red Snapper with Chipotle Butter
- Accompaniment: lime wedges
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 red snapper fillets with skin (1 ½ lb total)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ stick (¼ cup) unsalted butter, softened
1. Mash together butter, chipotles to taste, adobo sauce, and salt with a fork until blended. 2. Pat fish dry and cut each fillet in half crosswise, then season with salt and pepper. Spread flour on a plate and dredge fish, knocking off excess. 3. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch nonstic...