Parker House Herb Loaves
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- ½ cup butter, softened
- Garnish: fresh thyme
- 2 (1/4-ounce) envelopes rapid-rise yeast
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups bread flour, divided
- + 5 more ingredients
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
Combine 1 cup flour, yeast, sugar, and garlic salt in a large mixing bowl; stir well.
Combine milk and 1/3 cup butter in a saucepan; cook over medium-low heat until mixture reaches 120° to 130°, stirring often.
Gradually add hot milk mixture to flour mixture, stirring well. Add egg...