Pasta with Asparagus-Lemon Sauce
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb penne or pasta of choice
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1. Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces, reserving tips separately. Cook asparagus stems in 5 to 6 quarts boiling water with 2 tablespoons salt until very tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a colander, reserving cooking water in pot, and rinse under cold water. Drain asparagus w...