Pasta with Caramelized Tomatoes and Sausage
- 2 ounces Pecorino Romano cheese, for garnish
- 1 to 1 ½ teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 pound dried pasta, such as rigatoni or farfalle
- 8 ounces grape or cherry tomatoes, halved (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 pound fully cooked "sweet Italian sausage":/ingredients/387, sliced into ½-inch rounds
Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, heat a large saucepan over medium heat and, once heated, add sausage. Cook, stirring occasionally, until well browned, about 10 minutes. Remove sausage from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Drain and discard all but 1...