Phyllo Chips with Vanilla Ice Cream & Strawberry Mash Dip
- 3 9x14-inch sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed overnight in the refrigerator (see tip at right)
- 1 pint strawberries, rinsed and hulled
- 6-½ Tbs. granulated sugar; more as needed
- 2 oz. (4 Tbs.) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 pint good-quality vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 375°F. Line a 13x17-inch baking sheet with parchment. Put one sheet of phyllo on the pan and brush with some of the melted butter. Sprinkle evenly with 1-1/2 Tbs. sugar and lay another sheet of phyllo on top. Brush with the melted but...