Pimiento Mac and Cheese
- 1 cup (packed) coarsely grated whole-milk mozzarella
- Look for panko at supermarkets and at Asian markets. Ground ancho chiles are available in the spice section of supermarkets and at latin markets.
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces medium shell pasta or gemelli
- ¼ teaspoon ground ancho chiles
- ¾ cup mild Peppadew peppers in brine
- + 4 more ingredients
- ½ cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 7- to 8-ounce red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 ¼ cups (packed) coarsely grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
Bring 1/2 cup water, bell pepper, and 1 1/2 garlic cloves to boil in small saucepan. Cover; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until pepper is soft, about 15 minutes. Toast panko in skillet over medium-high heat until golden, stirring often, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to bowl; cool to lukewarm. Rub ...