- 1 cup sliced, toasted almonds
- 1 cup chilled heavy cream
- 2 (7-ounce) packages amaretti or other crisp almond cookies, broken into large pieces
- 4 cups "Vanilla Bean Custard":/recipes/12050
- 1 ½ pounds pluots, pitted and thinly sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur, such as Cointreau
Whisk together liqueur and sugar in a large, nonreactive bowl until well combined. Add pluots and toss to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes to macerate. Drain pluots and reserve juices separately. Place a clean whisk and a large, clean glass or metal bowl in the freezer. Use a 3-quart glass dish...