Polenta Pie with Cheese and Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- ¼ pound mozzarella
- 1 25- to 26-oz jar chunky tomato sauce (preferably Lucini brand Sicilian eggplant and olive)
- 1 plain polenta roll (plastic-wrapped)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 450°F. Oil a 9-inch pie plate or a 4-cup gratin dish with 1 teaspoon oil. 3Cut polenta roll crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices and line pie plate with half of slices, overlapping slices slightly to completely cover bottom of pie plate. Stir 1...