Porcini Mushroom Latkes with Mushroom Salad and Chive "Cream"
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 ½ teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 2 pounds russet potatoes
- 1 large egg
- 3 small garlic cloves
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- ¼ cup fresh chives
- + 10 more ingredients
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ½ tablespoons (or more) white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 cups (packed) baby greens
- 8 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup nondairy sour cream
- Dried porcini mushrooms are available in the produce section of many supermarkets and at specialty foods stores and italian markets.
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups onions
Combine porcini and boiling water in bowl. Soak until soft, about 30 minutes. Strain, pressing out all liquid. Chop porcini. Blend potatoes and 1/2 cup onions in processor until finely ground and some liquid forms. Turn mixture out onto kitchen towel. Gather towel around and squeeze mixture ver...