Potato Salad with Sour Cream and Scallions
- 2 pounds white new potatoes, quartered and cut into ¾-inch chunks
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- ¾ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- ½ cup thinly sliced scallions, plus more for garnish (optional)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, for garnish (optional)
1. In a large pot, cover potatoes with salted water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced with the tip of a sharp paring knife, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain well. 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together sour cream and mayonnaise; add warm potatoes, and gen...