Pressed Stilton, Pear, Date, and Bacon Sandwiches | Serious Eats : Recipes
- 4 (6-inch) pieces baguette, split in half lengthwise
- 8 ounces Stilton or other blue cheese
- 1 Asian pear, scrubbed, cored, and sliced into 20 wedges
- 12 Medjool dates
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 8 slices thick cut bacon, coarsely chopped
1 Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp and golden, about 8 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer to paper towel-lined plate. Pour rendered fat into bowl; reserve. 2 Spread cut side of each bottom half of bread with 1 teaspoon mustard. With fi...