Red-Leaf and Bibb Lettuce Salad with Scallion
- ½ cup thinly sliced scallion
- 1 head of red-leaf lettuce, rinsed, spun dry, and torn into small pieces
- 1 head of Bibb lettuce, rinsed, spun dry, and torn into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
1. In a large bowl toss together the lettuces and the scallion. In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar and salt and pepper to taste, add the oil in a slow stream, whisking, and whisk the dressing until it is emulsified. Toss the salad with the dressing.