Roasted Acorn Squash and Garlic Mash Recipe : Marcela Valladolid : Recipes : Food Network
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 1 Gala apple, cored and diced into ½-inch pieces
- 1 leek, diced (white and pale green parts only)
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 head garlic, wrapped in foil
- 2 acorn squash, halved crosswise and seeded
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the squash, cut sides down, in a glass baking dish. Place the baking dish into the oven and pour enough water into the baking sheet to fill halfway up the sides (this will help steam the squash so it doesn't dry out, making the flesh easier to mash). ...