Roasted Beet and Chèvre Grilled Cheese
- 3 tablespoons chèvre (fresh goat cheese), at room temperature
- 2 (½-inch-thick, 4-by-5-inch-long) slices 9-grain bread
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 8 (1/8-inch-thick) slices "Basic Roasted Beets":/recipes/11100
Combine beets and vinegar in a small bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Meanwhile, spread butter on 1 side of each slice of bread. Once the pan is warm, add 1 slice of bread buttered side down, crumble 1/2 the cheese over t...