Roasted Cod and Potatoes with Thyme
- ½ teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 ½ pounds baking potatoes (about 3), cut lengthwise into 8 wedges, wedges cut crosswise in half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 15 thyme sprigs plus 2 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 ½ pounds cod fillets or steaks, about 1 inch thick
1. Heat the oven to 450°. In a large roasting pan, toss the potatoes with 3 tablespoons of the oil, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Scatter the thyme sprigs or 1 1/2 teaspoons of the dried thyme on top. Roast the potatoes for 10 minutes. Stir and continue cooking for 10 ...