Roasted Cornish Game Hens with Pesto & Goat Cheese
- 6 Tbs. homemade or prepared basil pesto
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1-½ Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large Cornish game hens (1-½ to 2 lb. each), giblets removed
- 1/3 cup fresh goat cheese (about 2-½ oz.), at room temperature
Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 425°F. Arrange a large wire rack over a large rimmed baking sheet or shallow roasting pan. In a small bowl, combine the pesto and goat cheese, mashing it with a fork until evenly mixed.