Roasted Pineapple-Habanero Chile Salsa
- 1 pineapple (about 3 ½ pounds), peeled, cored, and cut into ¼-inch-thick rings
- 1 orange or red habanero chile, dry-roasted, seeded, and minced (page 154)
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into 1/8-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1. In a large, heavy nonstick dry skillet, cook the pineapple slices (in batches, if necessary) over low heat until caramelized, 6 to 7 minutes per side. (It is important to cook the pineapples on low heat so the sugars in the fruit develop deep flavor, without any burning.) Remove from the heat ...