Roasted Potatoes, Shallots, and Kale with Caramelized Garlic Dressing
- 1 pound small red potatoes (preferably about 1 inch in diameter)
- ½ pound shallots, cut lengthwise into eighths (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, unpeeled
- ½ pound kale (about 1 small bunch), rinsed and stems and tough ribs discarded
- 1 teaspoon red-wine vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. 2. Quarter potatoes and in a bowl toss with shallots, 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer mixture to a shallow baking pan. 3. Wrap garlic tightly in foil and put in pan with potatoes. 4. In a large bowl toss kale with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons ...