Roasted Potatoes with Bacon, Cheese, and Parsley
- 6 ounces bacon (about 6 slices), halved lengthwise, then cut crosswise into ½-inch pieces
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 pounds medium Yukon Gold potatoes (about 3 inches in diameter)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 425°F with rack in lowest position. 2. Generously cover potatoes with cold water in a 4-quart pot and add 1 tablespoon salt. Bring to a boil, then simmer, partially covered, until potatoes are just tender when pierced with a small sharp knife, about 12 minutes. Drain. Cool pot...