Rutabaga with Mustard and Scallions
- ¼ cup minced scallions, white and light green parts only
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger (from a 3-inch piece)
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or peanut oil
- 2 pounds "rutabaga,":http://www.chow.com/ingredients/110 peeled, quartered, and sliced ¼-inch thick
- Kosher salt
Bring a large saucepan of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the rutabaga and cook until it just gives way when pierced with a knife, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the mustard seeds and ginger and ...