Sautéed Asparagus with Butter & Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1-½ pounds asparagus, trimmed
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
Slice the asparagus on a sharp diagonal about 1/2 inch thick, leaving the tips whole. Melt the butter in a large (12-inch) skillet over moderate heat. Add the asparagus and season with the salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the asparagus is just tender, 5 to 6 minutes, lowering the heat...