Sautéed Jalapeño and Aged Jack Grilled Cheese
- 2 (½-inch-thick, 7-by-3-inch-long) slices pain au levain
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ ounces grated aged Monterey Jack cheese (about ½ cup)
- 2 medium jalapeños, seeded and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. When it’s heated, add oil and jalapeños. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper and sauté peppers until tender, about 5 minutes. Set jalapeños aside and let cool slightly. Combine Jack and jalapeños in a small bowl. Spread butter on 1 sid...