Sauteed Scallions, Mushrooms, and Asparagus
- 1 pound fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and sliced diagonally into 2-inch pieces
- 2 bunches (3 to 4 cups) scallions, sliced diagonally into 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
1. Thinly slice mushrooms. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add mushrooms; cook, tossing often, until browned, about 10 minutes. 2. Meanwhile, bring 3 cups salted water to a boil in a small saucepan; add asparagus. Cook until crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes; drain. 3. To mushr...