Scallop Ceviche with "Tiger's Milk"
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1 small red onion
- 2 tablespoons pisco (preferably Peruvian)
- 3 tablespoons red bell pepper
- 1 cup frozen choclo kernels (optional)
- ½ cup fresh lime juice (preferably Key lime)
- an adjustable-blade slicer
- + 3 more ingredients
- 1 cup diced (1/3-inch) peeled sweet potato
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 tablespoons bottled ají amarillo or ají mirasol paste (sometimes labeled "crema")
Steam sweet potato in a steamer rack, covered, over simmering water until just tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Meanwhile, cook choclo (if using) in a medium pot of well-salted boiling water, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Transfer with a slotted s...