Seared Scallops with Shallots and Coconut Cream
- 8 sea scallops (each about 1 in. wide, about 8 oz. total)
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup crème fraîche or whipping cream
- ½ cup coconut milk (stir before measuring)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup thinly sliced shallots (about 2 oz.)
1. In a bowl, with a mixer on high speed, beat créme fraîche and coconut milk until soft peaks form. Cover and chill while preparing shallots and scallops.2. In an 8- to 10-inch nonstick frying pan over medium heat, stir shallots in oil until crisp and golden, 6 to 10 minutes. With a slotted spoo...