Shortcake Biscuits or Cobbler Topping
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1 to 3 Tbs. sugar
- Fresh lemon juice, to taste.
- 1 Tbs. sugar; more for sprinkling
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- Sweetened whipped cream
- + 4 more ingredients
- 8 cups sliced peaches, nectarines, plums, apples or pears; or ripe berries (or use a combination)
- 1 recipe Multi-Purpose Baking Mix
- 1-¼ cups heavy cream; more as needed
- 3 pints ripe strawberries, blueberries or raspberries (or a combination)
Heat the oven to 375°F. Put the baking mix in a bowl. Add the egg to the cream and stir with a fork to combine; add the sugar and stir. Make a shallow well in the dry mix and pour in the wet ingredients. With as few strokes as possible, stir until the mixture is just combined. It should be loose,...