Simple Blueberry Syrup for Pancakes, Waffles, etc.
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar (will help bring out the tartness of the berry)
- ¼ Cup or a little more water, depending on the amount of liquid from Blueberries
- 1 Tbsp. Pectin, optional (but will thicken your syrup)
- 2 Tbsp. Raw Sugar, double if you like a really sweet syrup (offers more flavor over refined sugar)
- 1 Cup Frozen Blueberries (preferably Organic)
Set a small sauce pan on a medium to low fire, and add blueberries, sugar and water first. Begin to stir slowly, and crush the berries a little with your spoon whisk, or whatever you use to stir. Once the liquid is starting to thicken, add pectin, if using it, and add balsamic vinegar. Continue...
You also might like
Best Wine Deals
Glenfiddich Single Malt Scotch Whisky (NV)Cellared
Mcmanus Merlot (2008)Listed
Le Haut-Médoc de Giscours Red Bordeaux Blend Haut-Médoc Grande Réserve (2008)Cellared
Loophole Pinot NoirReviewed
Principato Pinot Noir Provincia di Pavia IGT (2010)Reviewed
Marcarini Barolo BrunateCommented
Newbie starting a wine/beer app to help with menusReplied