Simple Blueberry Syrup for Pancakes, Waffles, etc.
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar (will help bring out the tartness of the berry)
- ¼ Cup or a little more water, depending on the amount of liquid from Blueberries
- 1 Tbsp. Pectin, optional (but will thicken your syrup)
- 2 Tbsp. Raw Sugar, double if you like a really sweet syrup (offers more flavor over refined sugar)
- 1 Cup Frozen Blueberries (preferably Organic)
Set a small sauce pan on a medium to low fire, and add blueberries, sugar and water first. Begin to stir slowly, and crush the berries a little with your spoon whisk, or whatever you use to stir. Once the liquid is starting to thicken, add pectin, if using it, and add balsamic vinegar. Continue...
You also might like
Best Wine Deals
Value Zinfandel $15 and UnderCommented
Taurasi DOCG (2003)Cellared
Zinfandel: Yea or nay?Commented
Cooking With Quinoa!Commented
Château Cantelaudette Graves de Vayres Blanc (2012)Reviewed
Turning Water Into Wine - There's an app for that!Replied
Kenwood Zinfandel Sonoma Valley (2011)Listed