Simple Blueberry Syrup for Pancakes, Waffles, etc.
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar (will help bring out the tartness of the berry)
- ¼ Cup or a little more water, depending on the amount of liquid from Blueberries
- 1 Tbsp. Pectin, optional (but will thicken your syrup)
- 2 Tbsp. Raw Sugar, double if you like a really sweet syrup (offers more flavor over refined sugar)
- 1 Cup Frozen Blueberries (preferably Organic)
Set a small sauce pan on a medium to low fire, and add blueberries, sugar and water first. Begin to stir slowly, and crush the berries a little with your spoon whisk, or whatever you use to stir. Once the liquid is starting to thicken, add pectin, if using it, and add balsamic vinegar. Continue...