Slow-Sautéed Artichokes with Lemon Juice & Thyme
- 1-½ to 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice, plus 2 lemon halves to prepare the artichokes
- 3 Tbs. olive oil, preferably fruity and full flavored
- 1-½ tsp. very lightly chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large globe artichokes, prepared as shown in Getting to the bottom of an artichoke
Cut the artichoke bottoms in quarters (or halves, if small) and put them in a large bowl. Drizzle all over with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set a heavy 8-inch skillet over low heat, and when hot, add the artichokes (they should just cover the bottom of the skillet), scraping ou...